1. Who inspires you?
There are two people really. John Nash, who was a Nobel Peace Prize winner and was the inspiration behind A Beautiful Mind. The other is Martin Luther King.
Mental health advocate and Devonfield Enterprises employee Paris Shacklock. Picture: Katrina Docking.
2. What are you reading and how do you like to relax and wind down at the weekend?
I’ve just started reading the basics of political science for university. And the way that I relax at the weekend is by watching a movie and having a couple of glasses of Bundaberg Rum.
3. What thing couldn’t you live without and what are your three favourite things?
The one thing I couldn’t live without would be my internet connection; particularly my email. My three favourite things are food, four-wheel drives and all of the people I know.
4. If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be and what would you eat?
Prince William. And we would have a scotch fillet steak.
5. What do you know now that you wish you had known before?
The basics of topics like sociology and political science. But in saying that, life is about learning.
6. If you had a magic wand, what would you wish for?
An improvement in the social fabric of our community. It’s unfortunate that we have people from disadvantaged backgrounds in our community and I wish there was more opportunity for self-improvement so that we could all get along together.
7. Do you have a favourite place?
My couch chair. Because it’s comfy and it allows me to ponder the universe.
8. Most embarrassing moment?
I was 23 years old and in my second year of university during my agricultural science diploma. The class organised to all get Canterbury rugby tops and I was so excited about mine when it arrived that I put it on straight away.I was in the cafeteria getting a coffee when a friend of mine came up to me and told me I’d left the tag on. She pulled it off but there was about 100 people in there at the time.
9. What’s a defining moment in your life?
There’s so many. But probably receiving the top performance award for agricultural science diploma class.
10. What do you daydream about?
Farming ventures. I’d love to have my own farm one day to run beef cattle and maybe have a couple of paddocks of poppies.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.