. .

Monthly Archives: March 2019

Comments Off on Why is there a skin allergies in the season?

Why is there a skin allergies in the season?

Why is there a skin allergies in the season?

The Octonauts performed at Griffith Regional Theatre on Saturday. The crowd cheered throughout the show. The Area News photographer Anthony Stipo was there to capture all the excitement.
Nanjing Night Net

Octonauts take to stage in Griffith | Photos Billy Collis, Sally Nunn, Samuel Nunn and Patrick Nunn have fun at the Octonauts performance.

Chiara Zanatta, Mikayla and Emily Bellato are ready to enjoy the show.

Annabelle Yates is ready to cheer on the Octonauts.

Prince Patel is a fan of The Octonauts.

Amiya Nardi and Niketa Alampi at the Octonauts show.

Lukas Prothererois ready for some fun.

Lailani Prothereo at the Octonauts show at the Griffith Regional Theatre.

Lauren and Luke Valenzisi enjoy the show.

Levi Malone enjoys the Octonauts performance.

Liam Young is excited to be at the Octonauts show.

The Octonauts perform on stage at the Griffith Regional Theatre.

The Octonauts perform on stage at the Griffith Regional Theatre.

The Octonauts on stage at the Griffith Regional Theatre.

The Octonauts on stage at Griffith Regional Theatre.

The Octonauts perform on stage at the Griffith Regional Theatre.

The Octonauts perform on stage in Griffith.

The Octonauts were a hit with the crowd.

The Octonauts perform on stage at the Griffith Regional Theatre.

The Griffith Regional Theatre was full when the Octonauts performed.

The Octonauts perform on stage at Griffith Regional Theatre.

The Octonauts perform on stage at Griffith Regional Theatre.

TweetFacebookThis story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments Off on Ashes 2015: Mitchell Marsh says it’s hard to see how much Shane Watson cops

Ashes 2015: Mitchell Marsh says it’s hard to see how much Shane Watson cops

Ashes 2015: Mitchell Marsh says it’s hard to see how much Shane Watson cops

LONDON: Mitchell Marsh says he feels for Shane Watson, the man he replaced in the Australian team for the second Ashes Test, explaining that “the amount that he cops back home” made the sideshow around which all-rounder would play at Lord’s difficult to cope with.
Nanjing Night Net

The 23-year-old displaced Watson for the second time at international level this year, having taken his spot during the World Cup only for the more experienced player to be recalled for Australia’s very next game.

Barring injury the likelihood of that happening in this English summer does not appear great, particularly if Marsh can continue to perform with the ball as he did on Saturday, taking the key wickets of England captain Alastair Cook and all-rounder Ben Stokes, and contribute with the bat.

The fact that he was gunning for Watson’s spot in the Test side, however, does not make Marsh feel any more comfortable with how the much-maligned 34-year-old is spoken about by sections of the public.

He said the narrative about whether Watson would be dropped or not after the first Test in Cardiff had been challenging for him over the past week.

“It was quite tough to be honest because, for me, I’ve just got so much respect for Shane and he’s someone who I really enjoy working with and watching him do what he does,” Marsh said.

“Although sometimes he cops a bad rap he’s been a very good player for Australia over a number of years and to do what he’s done over 60 Test or however many he has played is a fantastic effort. And he’s always played a part in winning teams for Australia.

“To be honest it was really hard to see the amount that he cops back home. I just want to do well and hopefully I can keep contributing to this team.”

It’s not the first time Marsh has been caught up in a Watson selection saga. He had been brought into the XI for the World Cup group stage match against Afghanistan in Perth in March, a selection that was widely interpreted as a permanent one. But Watson won his place back days later against Sri Lanka in Sydney, with selectors explaining conditions were behind his recall, and remained in the side as they went all the way to collect the trophy.

“It was obviously very tough at the time to be left out at that stage of a World Cup,” Marsh said. “And at end of the day if I’m being honest it was probably the right decision to go with Shane with all his experience in one-day cricket.

“I got a medal around my neck and that’s all that mattered. I was a part of that (squad of) 15 just as much as anyone else in that team, or that’s what it felt like. I thought the right decisions were made throughout the World Cup.”

Watson’s more controlled bowling was said to have edged him over the line for selection in Cardiff after Marsh scored back-to-back hundreds in the pre-series tour games against Kent and Essex. Australia’s bowling coach Craig McDermott has described the West Australian’s bowling as a work in progress and Marsh is determined to ensure that side of his game squares up with his batting.

“I’ve always seen myself as a batter and my bowling has been a bonus but we know at this level if you want to be playing as an allrounder you need to be pretty equal,” Marsh said.

“I’ve said it many times before my bowling is something I’m working on and want to keep improving.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments Off on One dead, four injured in spate of Queensland collisions

One dead, four injured in spate of Queensland collisions

One dead, four injured in spate of Queensland collisions

A 21-year-old woman has died and four people have been injured, three critically, in Queensland traffic crashes. Photo: Robert ShakespeareA spate of traffic collisions across Queensland in just more than 12 hours on Saturday has left a 21-year-old British tourist dead, three people critically injured and a 33-year-old woman seriously injured.
Nanjing Night Net

Two police officers were also treated for minor injuries when the car driven by the 33-year-old woman crashed into a police car in Toowoomba on Saturday evening.

The 21-year-old British woman was killed instantly when the quad bike she was riding on a beach in Port Stewart, in Queensland’s far north, travelled through a stream of water and rolled, according to police.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Her passenger, a 37-year-old man, was uninjured.

Later, a 12-year-old girl was left fighting for life after being hit by a car on the Gold Coast.

Police say the girl suffered serious head injuries when she stepped onto the Gold Coast Highway at Broadbeach about 5pm and was hit by a car travelling south.

She was taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a critical condition.

The driver of the car is assisting the Forensic Crash Unit with its investigation.

About five hours later in Townsville, a 53-year-old man also suffered critical injuries after being hit by a car.

The man was running across Flinders Street, at the intersection of Fletcher Street about 10.30pm, when he was hit by a car.

He was taken to Townsville Hospital in a critical but stable condition.

The 68-year-old driver is assisting police with their inquiries.

Earlier in the day, a 45-year-old Inala woman was also left in a critical condition when the car she was a passenger in slammed into a parked car in Inala.

The car was travelling east along Andromeda Street when the collision occurred about 7.15am.

The woman was taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital in a critical condition.

The 20-year-old male driver was not injured in the crash.

In Toowoomba on Saturday evening, a 33-year-old woman suffered chest injuries when she allegedly hit a police car in suburban Darling Heights.

Both vehicles suffered significant damage in the crash, which occurred about 6.15pm.

The woman was taken to the Toowoomba Hospital with chest injuries, while two police officers and four passengers in the woman’s car were treated for minor injuries.

Investigations are continuing.

The 21-year-old British woman’s death lifts the Queensland road toll to 128 for the year, compared to 115 at the same time last year.

Her death came two days after a 26-year-old motorcyclist died in the Princess Alexandra Hospital on Thursday, after suffering critical injuries in a Cannon Hill crash on Wednesday.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments Off on Melbourne Express: Sunday July 19

Melbourne Express: Sunday July 19

Melbourne Express: Sunday July 19

Cold morning at Mt Buller, Sunday July 19, 2015. Photo supplied Photo: Andrew RailtonWEATHER ​
Nanjing Night Net

It’s freezing in here, Mr Bigglesworth … Melburnians have woken to a bone-numbing morning, the coldest morning in any month for more than 18 years, with the temperature in the city hovering at around one degree for an hour after 6am this morning. The Bureau of Meteorology recorded a stinging one degree at 6.49am, falling further to 0.8 degrees at 7.26am, making it the coolest morning since August 5, 1997, when the temperature was a teeth-rattling 0.3 degrees.

Sunday morning was the coldest July morning since 1994. “The last time we had a zero in rounded figures in Melbourne was August 1997 … and it’s never happened since,” said Bureau senior forecaster Scott Williams.

The reason? On a winter’s night you need a blanket and last night Melbourne had no cloud cover to slide under. Last week’s aggressive, extended stretch of cold (which involved three cold fronts sweeping through the city) left a parting gift: dry air. “We have now had a night with no cloud, no wind and with this dry air … that’s what’s brought about this exceptionally cold morning.” Read more here.BREAKING NEWS 

Steve Lillebuen reports that an elderly man has died in a Melbourne bayside suburb after being struck by a train at a rail crossing. The man had begun crossing the tracks near Church Street at the Middle Brighton railway station just before the signals began operating, a police spokesman said. He wasn’t able to complete the crossing before he was struck by a low speed, city-bound train just after 10pm on Saturday. He died at the scene.

In other breaking news, a couple have been taken to hospital after fleeing from their burning home in Bunyip. Firefighters were called to Jolley Road just before 11.30pm on Saturday, where a single storey brick home was engulfed in flames. Two people in their 50s and 60s had managed to escape and were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation before being taken to hospital, a CFA spokesman said. The home was severely damaged by the fire. No cause has been determined. TRANSPORT 

Photo: Jessica Shapiro

Service changes will apply on Route 30, 70 & 75 trams from Saturday 18 to Friday 24 July due to tram improvement work on Flinders Street. More here.

While maintenance works take place, buses will replace all trains between Blackburn, Belgrave and Lilydale. Buses will also replace trains from South Yarra to Sandringham until 7.10pm due to vegetation clearing. Read more.FIVE THINGS YOU SHOULD READ: 

Bronwyn Bishop at a press conference answering questions about her chartered helicopter flight from Melbourne to Geelong. Photo: James Brickwood

1. Bronwyn Bishop slugs taxpayers $1000 a day for private limo costs

2. Police condemn violence as protesters clash at Parliament House

3. Underworld told to avoid casino

4. Annabel Crabb: Few sports stars can match Shane Warne for imaginative, victimless spectacle

5. John Elder: Why mourning has gone publicSPORTS WRAP

Shane Watson poses in the changeroom.

1. The Ashes 2015: Mitchell Marsh steps up to fill the all-rounder role

2. The Ashes 2015: Shane Watson flexes muscles for the camera

3. Tour de France 2015: Samantha Lane’s 16 hours with Orica-GreenEDGE

4. Roma turn on the skill but not the goals at MCG

5. AFL: GWS Giants beat Gold Coast Suns in mixed affairWHAT’S ON? PROPERTIES TO SEE

Check out Domain’s pick of the top open for inspections this weekend.SIX REASONS TO VISIT HAWTHORN 

Head to Hawthorn for good food and wine, the Town Hall and the Lido Cinema  

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments Off on Favourites dominate play on BFNL courts

Favourites dominate play on BFNL courts

Favourites dominate play on BFNL courts

MID-COURT DUEL: Gisborne’s Tiana Newman wins possession under pressure from Golden Square’s Steph Freemantle. Picture: DARREN HOWE FAVOURITES dominated in Saturday’s 13th round of matches for A-grade teams in the Bendigo Football Netball League season.
Nanjing Night Net

Golden Square’s superb run kept rolling on at MyJet Oval in Wade Street.

The unbeaten Golden Square line-up took on Gisborne.

Slick passing, strong defence and accurate goaling were all features of Golden Square’s play in a 59-39 victory.

Maryborough’s hopes of reaching the top five took a massive hit as Sandhurst beat the Magpies at Queen Elizabeth Oval.

The second-placed Sandhurst won 58-35.

Kangaroo Flat dominated its clash with Eaglehawk at Bendigo Mazda Oval in Dower Park.

The Roos’ defence teamed superbly to limit the Hawks to 22 goals.

By the final whistle, Kangaroo Flat led 45-22.

Kyneton withstood a spirited challenge from South Bendigo to win at Kyneton Showgrounds.

The Tigers clawed their way to a 44-33 victory.

Strathfieldsaye Storm was in hot form at Castlemaine’s Camp Reserve.

The Storm surged to an 85-20 victory against the the Magpies.

BFNL A-grade netball ladder after 13 rounds:

Golden Square 13 won 0 lost 0 drawn 181 per cent 52 points; Sandhurst 11 1 1 154 46; Gisborne 8 4 1 119 34; Kangaroo Flat 8 5 0 141 32; Strathfieldsaye 8 5 0 137 32; Maryborough 6 7 0 108 24; Kyneton 6 7 0 99 24; Eaglehawk 3 10 0 56 12; South Bendigo 1 12 0 55 4; Castlemaine 0 13 0 40 0.

In next Saturday’s play, Sandhurst takes on Kangaroo Flat at the QEO.

The second-placed maroon and blue will be determined to keep its winning run rolling against thefourth-placed Kangaroos

Eaglehawk hosts Castlemaine, Gisborne clashes with South Bendigo at Gardiner Reserve, Kyneton faces Golden Square, and Maryborough plays Strathfieldsaye at Princes Park.

Meanwhile,PyramidHill has grabbed top spot on the A-grade netball ladder after Saturday’s win against YCW in the Loddon Valley Football Netball League’s match of the day.

Playing on its court at Mitchell Park, Pyramid Hill won 48-35.

Victory for the red, white and blue meant ladder positions going into the round 15 clash were flipped.

Another exciting match was played at Calivil Recreation Reserve.

On a day where the club celebrated its 125th birthday, Calivil United fought on to beat Mitiamo by six goals.

The Demons led 29-23 after the final play against the Superoos.

Newbridge beat Bears Lagoon-Serpentine by eight goals at Riverside Park, and Bridgewater scored a 24-goal victory on Marong’s court.

Inglewood had the bye.

The A-grade ladder after 15 rounds:Pyramid Hill 11 won 2 lost 0 drawn 2 bye 145 per cent 44 points; YCW 11 2 0 2 140 44; Calivil United 10 2 1 2 163 42; Bridgewater 8 5 1 1 113 34; Newbridge 7 7 0 1 98 28; Mitiamo 6 8 0 1 104 24; BL-Serpentine 4 9 0 2 75 16; Inglewood 2 11 0 2 69 8; Marong 0 13 0 2 49 0.

Golden Square v Gisborne: PHOTOS

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.