. .

Bathurst murder-suicide twist: Nadia Cameron had broken up with Elie Issa

DEARLY DEPARTED: Nadia Cameron had broken off the relationship with Elie Issa just weeks before they were both found dead. Photo: SUPPLIEDNADIA Cameron had a moment of serious reflection six weeks ago.
Nanjing Night Net

Her 89 year-old father, Kelvin Pleming, had died in a car crash in Sydney and she was thinking deeply about life and the future.

“We slept in the same bed and cried together when Kelvindied and Nadia realised that her relationship was going nowhere,” herstep-sister and close friend, Debbie Majella Nolan, said.

Ms Cameron, 52, made the difficultdecision to leave her partner of four years, prominent Bathurst cafe owner Elie Issa, twoweeksafter her father’s funeral.

In a shocking twist that has left her familyand the Bathurst communitydumbfounded, Ms Cameron andMrIssa, 60, were found dead in his Kelso homeon Friday morning.

A firearm was also retrieved and police said they were not seeking any other suspects.

Ms Majella Nolanrevealed to Fairfax Media on Saturdaythat her step-sister had broken off the relationshipjustthree weeks before the suspected murder-suicide.

Mr Issa, described as a larger-than-life personality who had hosted many prominent Australians at Elie’s Cafeon the main street, was trying to win her back, Ms Majella Nolan said.

“He didn’t want to lose her, he kept sending her flowers but she rang him and said she just needed to be by herself,” she said.

TRAGIC END: Elie Issa, pictured here with former Governor-General Quentin Bryce. Photo: FACEBOOK

She doesn’t know why Ms Cameron was at MrIssa’shome in Rosemont Avenueon Friday morning.

A few days ago, Ms Majella Nolanspoke to herstep-sister by Skypefrom the Gold Coast, as they often did.

“She was being strong and looking forward to a holiday to London in August to see one of her best friends,” she said.

“She didn’t want to have anything to do with him. How she got there or what she was doing there, we’ll never know.”

Her best friend of 20 years, who didn’t want her name published, spoke to Ms Cameron daily, who said shefelt sorry for Mr Issa.

“I kept saying, ‘don’t let him back, you’re finished, just stay away’ but she said she felt sorry for him. I think that’s why she may have gone over there,” she said.

Prior to their break up, she said Ms Cameron would cry to her on the phone almost every night.

“For the last two-and-a-half years, she was being emotionally and mentally abused to the point of tears, she was miserable,” the friend said.

“She was in an extremely controlling relationship, he was a very jealous person and this was her courageous attempt to get out.”

BETTER TIMES: Nadia Cameron was found dead in a Bathurst home, with her partner Elie Issa. Photo: FACEBOOK

She said Mr Issa was gregarious on the outside but he never bought Ms Cameron a birthday present ortook her on a holiday.

She and Ms Majella Nolanboth saidit was a clear and tragic case of domestic violence.

“She was theloveliest, kindest, most generousperson, she just made a mistake of pickingthis person,” the best friend said.

Ms Cameronhad a wealth of friends and family scattered around the country who spoke of her kindness and endless love.

“She was just a woman who gave her heart to everybody, she was a giver, absolutely beautiful inside and out,” said Ms Majella Nolan.

Her boss at Bathurst Real Estate,Stacey Whittaker, said she “wore her heart on her sleeve, she was the first to do someone a good turn”.

After working in advertising in Sydney,Ms Cameronmoved to Bathurst several years ago and became a successful real estate agent.

Both her and Mr Issa had children from previous marriages and, after their break up, she had spent a week with her 16-year-old son and ex-partner at Avoca.

On Friday night, her son paid a small tribute to his mother,changinghis Facebook profile picture to a smilingselfie together.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments are closed.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.