. .

Blueheelers end their losing run

DOMINATING: Yenda’s Peter Rameka barrelling over for his second try of the day in Yenda’s round 12 victory at Wade Park on Sunday. Picture: Anthony Stipo.
Nanjing Night Net

The Yenda Blueheelers have put a halt to their three-game slide with a comprehensive 34-6 win over Yanco Wamoon Hawks at Wade Parkon Sunday.

Sitting in sixth place on the ladder and just one point behind Yanco, this was a vital match for both clubs if they had hopesto play finals football.

Ten minutes into the gameYenda found themselvesright on Yanco’s goal line.

Yenda had three sets on the trotand eventually found the line through a barging Peter Rameka.

Just five minutes later Yenda were on the attack again after a Yanco knock-on gifted them field position.

A beautifully weighted kick to the corner saw Todd Granger go over for Yenda’s second of the day.

On the ensuing kick-off Jake Melvin made it clear that Yenda had the momentum, leaving a trail of Yanco players behind him on the way to half-way line.

It wasn’t soon after that Rameka found thetry line once again, going over for his second ofthe day and his team’s third.

William Hannon converted to remain perfect up to that point and push the score to 18-0.

Yanco still had some life in them as they ran in a try of their own thanks to Sean McDowell.

With just five minutes until the end of the half, Yanco knocked on inside their own 10, gifting Yenda field position.

It took them no time at all to pounce on the opportunity as Geoff Cook scooted over in the corner for his first of the day.

A missed conversion from the sideline left the score at 22-6 going into the break.

Yanco needed a quick start in the second half if they were any chance of a comeback, but simple errors cost them dearly.

With 20 minutes to go it was Cook who barged over the line once again.

With the game all but over Cook once more found the try line, getting a hat-trick in the process.

Yenda coach Tom Sellars was pleased his team was able to play out the whole 80 minutes.

“At training we drilled the importance of the gameinto the boys and they responded great,” he said.

“This year we’vestruggled to finish teams off and today we did that well.

“We stuck it out and played the whole 80 minutes.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments are closed.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.